After yesterday’s weather, I hope all you UK folks are okay out there. Anyone lost roof tiles? Plants? Pets and children? Stay safe!
I’m joining 2 link parties today, to give me an extra creative boost just when I need it. The first day back at work is always a bit of a shock to the system, but I think the second is even harder. Having got up the energy to get through the first day, you wake up on the second and realise you have to do it all again!
Picture by Beccafrog on Flickr
So I need a bit of a helping hand to get myself into gear today. I’m starting with my usual party over at Tami’s Amis. My WIP of the week is my Carnival shawl, which is progressing, but is still in pieces at the moment.
I’ll be so glad to get this stitched together and finished. I bought the yarn and pattern two Christmases ago when I’d only been crocheting for a few months. I worked on it consistently for a while, then it became my ‘travelling’ project, as well as a way to use up scraps of Cashsoft yarn. Except that meant that the hexagons are all slightly different sizes, partly because my tension was all over the place, and partly because I kept forgetting what size hook I was supposed to be using!
I’m using a 3mm now, and it’s hard to believe how quickly I can make these motifs 2 years on. Just yesterday, I got through 2 of them, and I’m hoping to finish the last of my yarn by the end of the day. I don’t think it’ll quite make it to FO Friday this week, but hopefully next!
The other link-up today is to Creative Collective‘s Creative Resolutions for 2012. This is a new blog to me, but I’m love rootling through the archives and gathering inspiration.
I did a lot of thinking over Christmas about what I want to achieve this year, both personally and creatively. After some mulling, crossing out, walking around and more mulling, these are my 5 priorities for the year:
1. Take better photographs. I mostly use my phone and take snaps when I can. This year, I want to use the camera much more (as soon as I find it – I think it’s hiding with my phone charger :S) and think harder about composition. It was really looking at everyone’s 2011 mosaics that made me realise how disorganised and inconsistent my own photography is!
2. Learn 1 new skill every month. The list of things I want to learn runs to way more than 12, but 12 is much more realistic target.
3. Finish 1 new pattern every month. I already have 2 almost ready to go, so I’m ahead of myself right at the beginning!
4. Submit a pattern to be published. This one scares me more than a little, but it’s something I really want to do.
5. Complete a knitted garment. I had a good Christmas knitting away, and I don’t want to just stop! It’d be too easy to get caught up in everything else and let it hibernate away, so I’m hoping that by setting a specific target, it’ll keep me going!
If you fancy linking up your own resolutions, head over to the Creative Collective post here or by clicking the picture below.
And as usual, to see others’ Works in Progress, click here or on the picture.